Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Almost Home

Posted by Muhamad Irfan
Every day I commute thirty minutes each way between home and work.  After so many years it has gotten to be routine and I normally drive in auto-pilot.  However the last mile and a half of my trip back home always fills me with joy.

I love when I turn into this picturesque street and see the road ahead lined with trees on both sides. 



A little down the road on my left is my “dream home”.  Every time I drive by I fantasize about living there.  It actually has been on the market for the last couple of years but the price tag… only in my dreams could I afford it.



Around the corner to the right is a house with a Lavender Farm where you can pick your own lavender.   In all my years living here I have never stopped in, but every time I drive by I look at the purple mounds and think “one of these days I should go and harvest some lavender”.


Down the road to the left is a charming little chapel that is the site of many weddings around here.  I love its setting and always think of all the great pictures I could take of the girls in this area, but never make the time to do so.






Right after the chapel is this compound of old farm buildings that I also fantasize about owning one day [grin].



Then come the open fields with growing corn in the summer and filled with snow in the winter.  In the late afternoon, early evening there are dozens of deer just roaming around.  It gets a little less idyllic in winter nights when the road is full of snow and you can see the shining eyes of deer just waiting to jump in front of your car and cause you problems.  But I love it during this time of the year.


From this stop sign, I know is only about 20 seconds until I get home.


As I turn into our street, my hand automatically goes up to the garage opener and I start pressing it from the corner.  


During the winter it is very useful to have the garage door opened all the way up by the time I turn into my driveway, because having to stop or slow down might be cause to getting stuck in the snow (our snow removal habits are not the best).


During the summer, the girls stay home and this is my favorite sight of all, my little one running towards me to say hello. 


Finally home!
 

Copyright © 2009 shopping with ak | Design by [blogger merak dua]